Produce a video about your experiences abroad! Record from an iPhone, GoPro or Video Camera.
To win, contestants must follow all rules and regulations. ISA will select a winner from each of the six categories, as well as a Grand Prize Winner.
One Grand prize winner of a $250 Visa gift card
Six Category winnersof a $75 Visa gift card per category
All winners will also be announced on the ISA website after the selection date.All participants are only eligible to win one prize per contest
I'm with ISA!ISA activities and/or excursions, students holding the ISA logo, ISA office & staff
The Place I LiveFairs, ceremonies, holiday celebrations, local festivals, and other cultural activities
Nature's BeautyLandscapes, panoramic views and outdoor activities
When in RomeEveryday life, activities, foods, people and places unique to your city
The Artistic EyeA chance to express your creative vision that may not fit in any of the other categories
Tiny Travel StoryA Short (15 - 30 seconds), Instagram style videos which highlight "a day in the life" of study abroad. Think: home movies, documentaries, slice of life
Judging Criteria: The submission must be well-produced and edited. The images, font and music selection should have a unified theme. Following the prompts, the video will use still images, video, texts and music to convey a clear and coherent message. An exceptional video will combine all elements to evoke emotion in the viewer. Video resolution must be at least 720p.
- The video must follow the duration requirements listed above (1-3 minutes for full-length, 15-30 seconds from Tiny Travel Story) and follow one of the prompts.
- You can submit a video for as many categories as you would like, but can only win one category.
- Completed work will be uploaded to the ISA Student Portal.
- An entry form and waiver for each person featured must be included in the video submission.
- Any video that incorporates the ISA logo, facilities and/or staff cannot be used for any other purpose than a submission to the ISA Video Contest.
- All submissions will become the property of ISA and may be featured on the website or in marketing material.
- Video submissions cannot be featured in any other promotional campaign.
- The video cannot be publicly displayed through any means and cannot violate privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights.
- The video cannot contain any inappropriate behavior, unlawful activity, drinking, nudity or swearing.
- All music must be used legally. You can create your own music, get written permission from the artist or sample free music from any of these websites:
Incompetech: Donation based, free music
Danosong: Pay what you feel is fair
Mobygratis: Free music for non-commercial films
Jamendo: Creative Commons Music - Video cannot exceed 1 GB
- Always use a tripod. Shaky footage can ruin an amazing moment, so find a way to mount your camera to something steady. If you don?t have a tripod, get creative and connect the camera to some other stationary object. As a rule of thumb, once you hit record, you should be able to take your hands away from the camera. If your shot is hand held, avoid moving around while recording. Keep a steady hand and keep your subject in the frame.
- Shoot everything horizontally or in widescreen, especially you iPhone videographers. That way in the editing phase, you will not have to zoom in or deal with black side bars
- Avoid panning and zooming! Your shots will be much more appealing if you let the action take place in front of the camera. Keep the frame steady for 10 seconds at a time while recording. Also, do not be afraid of a subject entering or leaving the frame. Avoid using the "digital zoom" feature of your camera. This mode of recording actually degrades the resolution of the full video frame.
- Whenever possible, try to get the sun behind you. And remember that the colors from early morning and late afternoon lighting can be very dramatic.
- Now this is important, anyone whose likeness appears in a video must fill out a release. Please keep track of your subjects, even those who might appear in the background. If they would be able to recognize themselves in a video, we need a release.
- Be bold, creative and have fun! If you have to shoot 10 takes to get the perfect shot, so be it! In the end you'll be glad you did.
- Shoot with editing in mind so you can avoid using still images in the final production.
- Music and text overlay can bring the whole video together. Try to find music that is exciting, upbeat, rhythmic, and ROYALTY FREE!
As always, our team is ready to help answer any questions you have. Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Or give us a call. We can't wait to see your footage!
Entry Deadline: All entries must be submitted to the ISA student portal within 90 days of program completion. Winners will be announced on January 10, 2017.
How to Submit?
- Save entry as "Name_Title_Category_City_Term"
- Log in to the ISA Student Portal *
- Click the "Video Contest" button on the left and follow the prompts
- Email a completed copy of ISA Copyright Permission Form and ISA Waiver Release Form to email@example.com
- Video submissions will be considered complete with the following: Uploaded video, completed ISA Copyright Permission Form and completed ISA Waiver Release Form