Are you a blogger looking to document and share your study abroad experience?
Are you looking for a great way to build your resume while abroad?
If so, ISA's Classmates Connecting Cultures (CCC) program could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Classmates Connecting Cultures is an extracurricular volunteer program established to cultivate international awareness and communication by connecting ISA participants with U.S. organizations. As a CCC participant, you will correspond through a structured blog model with a U.S. organization of your choosing. By writing about your study abroad and international experience, you will further cultivate global understanding on both ends of the exchange. Throughout the duration of your study abroad program, you and your U.S. organization partner will submit blog entries with the purpose of sharing stories, asking questions and discussing various aspects of life abroad.Suggestions of organizations to contact for blog correspondence:
- U.S. schools and classrooms - elementary to undergraduate
- Non-profit organizations
- Your study abroad or international office at your U.S. university
- Local businesses in your home town
- Student organizations at your home university
- Sports teams at your home university
Check out the ISA student blog
to read the bios of current CCC students and see what they have been writing about this past semester.
Future teacher in the making? Generate new connections with a school in your community and build your resume with international volunteer experience.
Studying another language? Imagine the first-hand knowledge you will be able to share with a language class of your peers back home!
International Business major? Create professional connections with a business in your home community by sharing business insights from your study abroad country.
Travel enthusiast? Connect with your study abroad office at your U.S. university to provide real world insight into life abroad. The possibilities are endless!An ISA 'Classmate' Connecting Cultures is a student who:
- has a minimum GPA of 2.75
- is very eager about their upcoming study abroad experience
- is interested in sharing their international experiences and interactions with others
- can make a commitment to maintain blog correspondence for the duration of their time abroad
- has time in their schedule to devote 1-2 hours a week to the CCC program
- can be creative in developing ideas for blog correspondence
- is honest, organized and has good communication skills
- has the ability/willingness to secure, or has already secured a connection with a U.S.-based organization
to download the CCC application and email it to Elena Sprick, ISA CCC Program Coordinator (CCC@studiesabroad.com)
. Feel free to contact Elena with any further questions!