In collaboration with foreign language teachers and high schools throughout the U.S. and Canada, ISA High School organizes informative presentations designed to provide students and parents the opportunity to speak directly with an ISA-HS representative about study abroad. ISA-HS representatives work with interested teachers and parents to organize a presentation that best fits their needs and schedules. Presentations highlight the benefits of studying abroad, what's included on an ISA-HS program, and can be given in both English and Spanish/Chinese.
Types of Presentations
- Classroom Presentations - ISA-HS representatives visit directly with Spanish, French, Italian and Chinese students during their high school language classes.
- Graduate-level continuing education for Teachers - ISA-HS is enrolling interested teachers in a seminar abroad in Barranquilla, Colombia with Ohio State University! The program, scheduled for July 6-23, 2015, is intended primarily for Spanish teachers. Application is open, however, to graduate students from Spanish and other disciplines who have a demonstrated ability in the use of the Spanish language and a need for this type of course. Both native and non-native speakers of Spanish are invited to apply. Feel free to contact Mario E. González at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating in the seminar, or go to ssast.osu.edu
- School Assemblies / Club Meetings - ISA-HS representatives present to groups of students during assemblies or during specific club meetings such as foreign language clubs and honor societies.
- Faculty Meetings - ISA-HS representatives meet with faculty to explain in greater detail the ISA-HS program.
- Career and College Center Visits - ISA-HS representatives visit with students and counselors in the College and Career Center to discuss the benefits of study abroad while in high school.
- Information Tables - ISA-HS representatives set up an information table on campus during lunch periods to speak with interested students and pass out program information.
- Parents' Night / Parent Teacher Association Meetings - ISA-HS representatives speak to parents about the benefits of study abroad and provide program information.
- After-School Information Sessions - ISA-HS representatives visit with interested students and parents during an after-school information session.
- Pre-Program Orientation Meetings - ISA-HS representatives meet with enrolled students and their parents to discuss important information related to the program prior to departure.