We are pleased to announce the 2016 ISA High School scholarship winners!
Dr. Carlos Castañeda Scholarship:
- Alexis Lanza, Cynthiana, KY
- Nadia Khalil, Monterey, CA
Social Media Scholarship:
- Justin Ong, Las Vegas, NV
- Kit Matthews, Chicago, IL
- Gabriela Ott, Upper Arlington, OH
- Alyssa Donton, Long Grove, IL
- Leeah Caple, Charlotte, NC
For information regarding scholarships for 2017, please visit our Scholarship page or contact the ISA High School office at (512) 474-1041.
2016 ISA High School Photo Contest Rules
We are always looking for ISA High School student photos to incorporate in our catalogs and other promotional materials and would love to feature some of yours! Photos considered will be those that are creative and highlight your unique experiences of studying and volunteering abroad with ISA High School!!
Photos can include students, locals and/or friends in the pictures.
Example photo themes for the ISA-HS contest are as follows:
* I'm with ISA-HS! - ISA-HS activities and/or excursions, ISA-HS office & staff
* The Gang is all Here - organized group shots with 3 to 8 people
* Culture, Customs and Traditions - fairs, ceremonies, holiday celebrations, local festivals, and other cultural activities
* Nature's Beauty - landscapes, panoramic views and outdoor activities
*"When in Rome" - everyday life, activities, foods, people and places unique to your city
* The Artistic Eye - A chance to express your creative vision that may not fit in any of the other
* Tales of the City- architecture, monuments, or places of interest
The submission must be of high quality and high resolution. The images should not contain any photo manipulation software filters*. These will not be considered in the contest. All photos must be 2100x1500 pixels or greater.
- The photo must be 2100x1500 pixels or greater
- The photo must not be manipulated in any way
- Up to five submissions can be made
- All submissions will become the property of ISA-HS and may be featured on the website or in marketing material
- Photo submissions cannot be featured in any other promotional campaign
- The photo cannot violate privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights
- The photo cannot contain any inappropriate behavior, unlawful activity, nudity, or swearing
First place winner: $100 and photo will also be framed in the ISA-HS Austin Office.
Second prize winner: $75
Third place winner: $50
All winners will also be announced on the ISA-HS website and Instagram after the selection date.
*All participants are only eligible to win one prize*
DEADLINE: All photos must be submitted by Monday, September 12, 2016
By submitting your photos to the contest, you release all materials to be used by ISA-HS and its study abroad affiliates exclusively for promotional reasons. This includes, but is not limited to print, video and digital mediums. All photos will be credited to you when used. If photos are found to not have been taken by an ISA-HS student, photos will automatically be disqualified from the contest.
REMEMBER: If you have more photos you want to submit, but have already entered 5 photos into the contest, you are welcome to still send in other photos which will be considered for publication in ISA-HS promotional materials!
How to Submit Photos:
- Save your photo(s) to your computer
- Attach your photo(s) to an email with the subject heading: "ISA-HS 2016 Photos"
- In the body of the email, please state your name and city of your program, as well as where the photo was taken
- Send email to email@example.com
If you have questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISA High School Social Media
Catch a glimpse of study abroad through the words and images of students that have participated in our programs!
Instagram - Tag your photos with #ISAHighSchool, and follow us on Instagram!
Twitter - Tweet us @isahighschool!
Blog - Check out our weekly updated student travel blog!
YouTube - Watch videos and interviews with our Alumni, to get you excited for this summer abroad!
How to Choose Your Study Abroad Program
There are many things to consider when choosing a study abroad program. In addition to quality, safety, and value, each student and their parents should consider the type of experience they are looking for. But with endless options available, how do you choose? Our Program Comparison Worksheet can assist in narrowing your focus and help you make sense of the Google search results. Use the worksheet to decide what type of program your looking for and to compare several companies. Making an informed decision is the first step towards study abroad success!