On the Final Forms and Payments deadline, students will be granted access to the comprehensive and detailed pre-departure Online Orientation, which is designed to prepare students for their study abroad experience in Buenos Aires. The Online Orientation provides students with relevant information and useful tools to familiarize them with their host country prior to departing. This information will remain available to students throughout the duration of their program through the ISA Student Portal.
The Online Orientation will cover many of the following areas:
· Cultural differences and highlights
· Housing and accommodations
· Understanding the basics of the local language
· Cell phones
· Travel tips
· Health and Safety
· Living in the host city
· Academic Tips for Success
· Additional Resources
Of course, students are always welcome to contact the Argentina Site Specialist with any questions.
Bridging Cultures Program
The Bridging Cultures Program was designed to help ease our students' transition into their study abroad experience by introducing them to their new host country's culture, language and lifestyle.
The Bridging Culture Program blends discussion and interactive activities into an informative and fun introduction to the student's new host country. Each program is designed to:
- Help facilitate the adjustment and adaption process.
- Guide each student through a goal-setting activity to encourage them to reflect on their expectations for their study abroad experience.
- Introduce students to the local culture through a variety of activities including a review of key words and phrases in the local language, understanding traditions and more.
- Visit culturally relevent destinations in Buneos Aires during a familiarization tour, accompanied by ISA Resident Staff.
- Prepare students for some of the relevent health and safety issues in their host country.
- Provide students with valuable information regarding visas, housing, transportation, communication, finances and budgeting, and career development.
- Inform students about important academic information related to the students' program, including the course registration process, attendance policies, the host university grading scale, optional tutoring and unique academic differenes between Argentina and North America.
- Highlight planned cultural activities and excursions for the program, along with opportunities to meet locals.
- Start students on the road to discovery by providing them with an instrucive engaging and memorable experience at the beginning of their program.