Through this program students will have the opportunity to study in the capital of the European Union and the international center for politics and business during a semester or academic year at Vesalius College. Students can enroll in an impressive array of courses in the fields of Politics, International Affairs, International Business, Communications, Liberal Arts, French and Dutch, as well as various general education courses. All courses are taught in English (with the exception of language courses) and are taught by host university faculty at Vesalius College. Classes are comprised of both local and international students.
- Must have junior standing at home university at time of participation
- Placements offered in the fields of international relations/politics, business or communications with well-respected organizations throughout Brussels
- Consistently described by past students as one of the program's most valuable features
- Designed to be completed toward the end of students' undergraduate degree programs
- Developed to prepare students to transition from the academic to the professional or graduate/research world
- Students work on projects for clients, to whom they present their findings at the end of the session. In past terms, clients have included the Head of the United Nations Liaison Office for Peace and Security (UNLOPS), representatives from the African Union in Brussels and high-ranking EU officials.
Certificate in European Peace & Security Studies (Fall semester only):
- Specific set of courses which provide in-depth insights to contemporary security issues, taking advantage of the unique perspective Brussels has to offer
- Combines the expertise of four leading educational institutions in Brussels: the Belgian Royal Military Academy, the Univeristy of Kent, the Institute for European Studies (IES) and the Global Governance Institute (CGI)
- Includes a high-profile weekly guest lecture series given by senior experts and policymakers from the EU, NATO, the UN and other prominent organizations
*All of these program highlights are listed as courses within each program. Please review your program's specific course list for more extensive details about each opportunity.