Loading Current Weather
Bilbao, Spain (pop. 354,000) is located in the northern part of the country, within País Vasco. This capital of the Biscay Province provides you with an opportunity for an amazing adventure abroad. Smart, cosmopolitan, and just minutes from the coast, Bilbao is an ideal place to study. As a cultural epicenter, you will delve not only into Spanish culture, but Basque and French cultures as well. Bilbao is a contemporary city with access to mother nature in all directions. Its combination of cosmopolitan and outdoor activities is a great recipe for an exceptional experience abroad. Regardless of your interests, you will have a multitude of activities in which to partake: exploring art/history museums, hiking, sightseeing, surfing, biking, shopping, or socializing with locals.
TOP 10 REASONS TO STUDY ABROAD IN BILBAO
1. Intern Abroad - Intern with a local business or public school for credit through the Universidad de Deusto-Bilbao.
2. Bicultural City - Appreciate the unique, bicultural city of Bilbao by experiencing both. Spanish and Euskara (Basque) languages and cultures.
3. Be Green - Bilbao has received multiple accolades for its green initiatives throughout the city. Join the green and sustainable trend in Bilbao!
4. World Famous Cuisine - The Basque Country, of which Bilbao is the capital, is world renown for its cuisine. Devour some delectable pintxos, the Basque Country's version of tapas, at numerous pintxo places throughout the city.
5. Surfs Up - Take a short metro ride to the northern coast of Spain and enjoy some of the world's best surfing.
6. Art Scene - Visit the world renown Guggenheim Museum, which not only houses important works of art but is also itself one of the most important pieces of modern architecture in the world.
7. Get Down to Business - Study at the Universidad de Deusto, the first business school and one of the most prestigious private universities in Spain.
8. Natural Wonders - Experience all that mother nature has to offer in lush, mountainous northern Spain. Hike or mountain bike in the surrounding mountains, kayak down the Nervión River or kite surf in the Bay of Biscay; the outdoor options are endless in Bilbao.
9. Amazing Architecture - Stroll through the city streets while ogling the edgy juxtaposition of modern and classic Spanish architecture all throughout the city.
10. Language Exchanges - Meet some locals and better your Spanish language skills by participating in a language exchange with a Spanish student.
More about Bilbao
Academic Programs Offered in Bilbao