Loading Current Weather
Santander (182,700), located on the shores of the Bay of Biscay, is known as one of Spain's most elegant cities, boasting European fashions, new urban infrastructure, and remarkable museums. Characterized by its lush trees, rolling hills, and beautiful beaches, Santander and its many natural parks provide an ideal escape for outdoor enthusiasts, while the city's small size allows students to truly experience the local culture.
Santander is great for taking business courses in English and improving your Spanish skills. Study business practices or marketing while befriending locals, tasting delectable seafood, and taking advantage of the pristine beaches and beautiful coastline. Learn about Spanish culture or art history both inside the classroom and out. There is also the option to study in Santander during the summer. Study abroad in Santander while catching some waves!
TOP TEN REASONS TO STUDY ABROAD IN SANTANDER
1. Study in a gorgeous city off the beaten path!
2. Vastly improve your Spanish with locals by getting an intercambio (language exchange partner)!
3. Surf to your heart's content in its over 50 great surf spots!
4. Take surfing lessons at the Escuela Cantabra de Surf at a discounted price!
5. Taste the variety of delectable seafood Santander has to offer!
6. Explore El Palacio de la Magdalena (built as a seasonal residence for the Spanish royal family)!
7. Experience the Camino de Santiago (religious pilgrimage of Santiago de Compostela); Santander is on its route!
8. Stroll along the nearby fishing villages that line the coast!
9. Enjoy a smaller city feel that may be preferable if you haven?t been abroad before!
10. Live in the city hosting the ISAF Sailing World Championships in 2014!
More about Santander
Academic Programs Offered in Santander