Loading Current Weather
Sevilla (Metro population around 1,500,000) is the historic crossroads of Moorish, Jewish, and Christian traditions. Birthplace of flamenco and home to the largest Gothic cathedral in the world, its temperature climate, passionate display of the bullfight, and unique architecture only completement its rich roots, creating a distinct charm that makes it a premiere student destination.
The largest city in southern Spain and the fourth largest in the country, Sevilla offers endless opportunities to learn about Spanish culture and history. Located on the banks of the Guadalquivir River, this capital city of the region of Andalucía has become one of the most popular study abroad destinations for American students. Its history recalls events from the Middle Ages and Renaissance period, and many monuments and cathedrals still remain.
Depending on the particular program, ISA students will enroll in courses at the historic Universidad de Sevilla, the ISA Study Center with Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo, or the Universidad Pablo de Olavide, all of which offer great facilities and an impressive faculty. All universities in Sevilla have something to offer for the study abroad student!
TOP TEN REASONS TO STUDY ABROAD IN SEVILLA
1. Explore Sevilla's breathtaking landmarks such as El Parque de María Luisia and Los Reales Alcázares!
2. Grab some pictures at La Plaza de España, which was used in the filming of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Lawrence of Arabia, and The Dictator!
3. Shop along Calle Sierpes in its many local shops!
4. Tour the largest Gothic cathedral in the world and look out over the city in its belltower!
5. Meander along the historic narrow streets of the old Jewish quarter, El Barrio de Santa Cruz!
6. Stroll or run along the Guadalquivir River, stopping for churros con chocolate along the way!
7. Catch a free flamenco show in the very place flamenco was born!
8. Savor the mouth-watering tapas that southern Spain has to offer!
9. Learn about the three cultures in the history of this fascinating city, whose presence is still evident today in Sevilla's stunning architecture!
10. Work in the Public Relations department of a Travel Agency, use your Graphic Design talents in a Marketing and PR Agency, or organize exhibitions at the Flamenco Museum through ELAP, the internship division of ISA!
More about Sevilla
Academic Programs Offered in Sevilla
Fall 5A 2013(Sep 3, 2013 to Dec 12, 2013)
Fall 5B 2013(Sep 15, 2013 to Dec 12, 2013)
Spring 5A 2014(Jan 14, 2014 to Apr 25, 2014)
Spring 5B 2014(Jan 26, 2014 to Apr 25, 2014)
Fall 5A 2014(Early Sep, 2014 to Mid Dec, 2014)
Fall 5B 2014(Mid Sep, 2014 to Mid Dec, 2014)
Fall 1 2013(Sep 3, 2013 to Dec 13, 2013)
Fall 2 2013(Sep 15, 2013 to Dec 13, 2013)
Spring 1 2014(Jan 14, 2014 to May 1, 2014)
Spring 2 2014(Jan 26, 2014 to May 1, 2014)
Fall 1 2014(Early Sep, 2014 to Mid Dec, 2014)
Fall 2 2014(Mid Sep, 2014 to Mid Dec, 2014)
Fall 3 2013(Sep 15, 2013 to Dec 12, 2013)
Fall 6 2013 (Fall 3 + ELAP Internship)(Sep 15, 2013 to Dec 12, 2013)
Spring 3 2014(Jan 26, 2014 to Apr 25, 2014)
Spring 6 2014 (Spring 3 + ELAP Service-Learning and Internships)(Jan 26, 2014 to Apr 25, 2014)
Fall 3A 2014(Early Sep, 2014 to Mid Dec, 2014)
Fall 3B 2014(Mid Sep, 2014 to Mid Dec, 2014)
Fall 6 2014 (Fall 3 + ELAP Service-Learning and Internships)(Mid Sep, 2014 to Mid Dec, 2014)