Loading Current Weather
Sevilla (Metro population around 1,500,000) is the historic crossroads of Moorish, Jewish, and Christian traditions. Birthplace of flamenco and home to the largest Gothic cathedral in the world, its temperate climate, passionate displays of the bullfight, and unique architecture complement its rich roots, creating a distinct charm that makes it a premiere student destination.
The largest city in southern Spain and the fourth largest in the country, Sevilla offers endless opportunities to learn about Spanish culture and history. Located on the banks of the Guadalquivir River, this capital city of the region of Andalucía has become one of the most popular study abroad destinations for American students. Its history recalls events from the Middle Ages and Renaissance period, and many monuments and cathedrals still remain.
Depending on the particular program, ISA students will enroll in courses at the historic Universidad de Sevilla, the ISA Study Center with Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo, or the Universidad Pablo de Olavide, all of which offer great facilities and an impressive faculty. All universities in Sevilla have something to offer for the study abroad student!
TOP TEN REASONS TO STUDY ABROAD IN SEVILLA
1. Explore Sevilla's breathtaking landmarks such as El Parque de María Luisia and Los Reales Alcázares!
2. Grab some pictures at La Plaza de España, which was used in the filming of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Lawrence of Arabia, and The Dictator!
3. Shop along Calle Sierpes in its many local shops!
4. Tour the largest Gothic cathedral in the world and look out over the city in its belltower!
5. Meander along the historic narrow streets of the old Jewish quarter, El Barrio de Santa Cruz!
6. Stroll or run along the Guadalquivir River, stopping for churros con chocolate along the way!
7. Catch a free flamenco show in the very place flamenco was born!
8. Savor the mouth-watering tapas that southern Spain has to offer!
9. Learn about the three cultures in the history of this fascinating city, whose presence is still evident today in Sevilla's stunning architecture!
10. Work in the Public Relations department of a Travel Agency, use your Graphic Design talents in a Marketing and PR Agency, or organize exhibitions at the Flamenco Museum through ELAP, the internship division of ISA!
More about Sevilla
Academic Programs Offered in Sevilla
|(Sep 2, 2014 to Dec 12, 2014)||ISVF2214||$11,500|
|(Sep 14, 2014 to Dec 12, 2014)||ISVF2114||$10,500|
|(Jan 13, 2015 to May 8, 2015)||ISVS2215|| TBA|
|(Jan 25, 2015 to May 8, 2015)||ISVS2115|| TBA|
|(Sep 2, 2014 to Dec 5, 2014)||ISVF1414||$11,250|
|(Sep 14, 2014 to Dec 5, 2014)||ISVF1114||$10,250|
|(Sep 14, 2014 to Dec 5, 2014)||ISVEF1114||$12,000|
|(Jan 25, 2015 to May 1, 2015)||ISVS1115|| TBA|