Loading Current Weather
Combining urban life and a relaxed, seaside atmosphere, Valencia (Metro population around 1,720,000) is becoming one of the most popular destinations on the Mediterranean coast. Propelling this renaissance is the Ciutat de les Arts i les Cièncias (City of Arts and Sciences), a museum complex and modern architectural masterpiece that adds to Valencia's deep, multicultural roots, cosmopolitan flavor, and warm climate to make it a true Mediterranean gem.
Spain's third largest city, Valencia is located on the Mediterranean coast approximately 200 miles south of Barcelona. Although Valencia has a rich history, it is often referred to as one of Spain's more modern cities. Celebrations and festivals throughout the year, like the Fallas, provide an excellent opportunity for students to witness Spanish character at its best. Study abroad in Valencia is the perfect addition to the college experience for American students!
There are both semester and summer programs in Spain. The universities in Spain are the Universitat de València and the Florida State University-Valencia Study Center. Don't forget to also stop by the ISA office and take advantage of the knowledgeable ISA staff for Spanish practice!
TOP TEN REASONS TO STUDY ABROAD IN VALENCIA
1. Want to travel throughout the Mediterranean, Spain, and the rest of Europe? Located 200 miles from both Barcelona and Madrid and just a short ferry ride away from the Balearic Islands, Valencia is the perfect starting point for any Mediterranean adventure!
2. Visit La Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias, a city within a city consisting of an IMAX cinema, an interactive science center, a cultural center/opera house, an aquarium, and much more!
3. Savor mouth-watering paella in its very birthplace!
4. Live just minutes away from the sparkling blue waters of the Mediterranean!
5. Attend Valencia's unique local festivals, including Las Fallas in March in which people parade their puppet-like sculptures around the city and then burn them down in a spectacle you won't want to miss!
6. Traditional Spanish plazas? Check! Modernized structures? Check check! See where the traditional meets modern; you have the best of both worlds!
7. Go running in the city with the most races per capita in all of Spain!
8. Get around the city with ease using the bike share system (Valenbisi), the Metro, or simply walk!
9. Like the smell of oranges? Just wait until the orange trees throughout the city are in bloom!
10. Participate in an internship with ISA's Service-Learning and Internship Division, ELAP, at one of multiple organizations in Valencia!
More about Valencia
Academic Programs Offered in Valencia