University of the Western Cape
Cape Town, South Africa
Area of Study
Mathematics, Natural Sciences
Taught In English
[Pre-requisites: MAT105 (or MAM151 and MAM152)]
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units20
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits4 - 5
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units6 - 7.5
Hours & Credits
· Vector fields.
· Line integrals and independence of path.
· Green?s Theorem.
· Surface integrals and the Ddivergence theorem.
· Stokes? Theorem.
· Applications to fluid flow and heat.
· Sets, relations, functions, partitions and binary operations on sets.
· Integers, rational numbers and real numbers.
· Introduction to groups and rings and partially ordered sets.
· Cardinal numbers and ordinal numbers.
On completing this module students will be able to:
· Perform basic operations in vector fields.
· Evaluate and interpret line integrals.
· Use Green?s Theorem to evaluate line integrals.
· Use the Divergence Theorem to evaluate surface integrals.
· Apply Stokes? Theorem to vector fields.
· Identify properties of sets, relations and functions.
· Identify and prove properties of groups, rings and partially ordered sets.
For more information, please contact the South Africa Site Specialist.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.