Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units6
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits0
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
To provide students with the necessary theory and practical experience so that they may be efficient and effective teachers in the professional world and to give aspirant educators thorough knowledge and background for competent offering of subjects in the FET band.
- Use process skills, critical thinking, scientific reasoning and strategies to investigate and solve problems in a variety of scientific, technological, environmental and everyday contexts.
- State, explain, interpret and evaluate basic technological facts, concepts, principles, theories, models and laws and apply them in everyday contexts.
- Identify the sources of biological knowledge and evaluate knowledge claims, taking cultural and other contexts into consideration.
- Learners will study the concepts within the Learning Outcomes 1,2,3.
- An introduction to life on Earth.
- Atoms and molecules.
- Biological molecules.
- Energy flow in the life on a cell.
- Cell structure and function.
- Membrane structure and function.
- Glycolysis and cellular respiration.