Exercise Science I
Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Area of Study
Exercise Biology, Physiology, Sport and Leisure Sciences
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units8
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits0
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
To provide an introduction to lifestyle fitness and wellness.
Students will be able to:
- understand, define, explain and interpret theoretical and practical concepts related to health-related, motor skill-related and physiological fitness and wellness, such as: physical activity, exercise, nutrition, body composition, weight management and preventing cardio-respiratory disease;
- contrast the differences among physical fitness, health promotion and wellness;
- understand the benefits and significance of participation in a comprehensive wellness program;
- identify risk factors that may interfere with safe participation in exercise;
- understand, apply and analyze fitness and wellness theoretical constructs into a personalized program approach to their current wellness status.
- Lifetime fitness and wellness.
- Nutrition for wellness.
- Body composition.
- Weight management.
- Cardio-respiratory endurance.
- Muscular strength and endurance.
- Comprehensive fitness programming.
- Preventing cardio-respiratory disease.