Excercise Physiology I
Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Area of Study
Health Science, Physiology, Sport and Leisure Sciences
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units8
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits0
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
To expose students to basic concepts and principles of physiology as it theoretically and practically applies to exercise.
Students will be able to:
- explain how homeostasis and steady state are maintained through biological control systems during exercise;
- explain how energy transfer through the bioenergetic pathways occur during exercise;
- determine the work, power and energy expenditure during exercise on ergometers;
- explain the type and functioning of skeletal muscle;
- explain circulatory and respiratory adaptations during exercise;
- define acid-base balance during exercise;
- explain thermoregulation during exercise.
Introduction to the following concepts as they are applied in exercise: