Advanced Chinese Language
East China Normal University
Area of Study
Asian Studies, Chinese
Course Level Recommendations
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits6
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units9
Hours & Credits
This course is designed for the students who are able to handle successfully a variety of uncomplicated communication tasks. By taking this course, students will reach Intermediate level. They can comprehensively improve listening, speaking, reading and writing skills, achieve basic communication tasks in real life, and master the strategy of communication and expression. They can talk about a variety of concrete topics relating to housing, lifestyle, examination, occupations, trip, as well as topics relating to characteristics of a person.
- Master about 250 elementary words.
- Master about 30 grammar points.
- Master the basic knowledge about Chinese simple paragraph and understand the meaning of words in the conversation.
- Improve the Chinese language ability in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Be able to complete more complicated tasks.
- Be able to express one’s opinion about some topic which including describe a person, talk about home town, lifestyle, housing, examination, shopping and experience on day off, etc
- Improve the proficiency and accuracy in Chinese communication and expression.
- Understand more about Chinese culture and society.
- Be able to make a simple compare between China and students’ own countries.
- Attain basic intercultural awareness.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations