Topics in Comparative Literature C: Drama
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units4
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Examination of historical perspectives, movements, forms and major playwrights from different cultures, languages and historical periods.
1. to explore the rich diversity of modern drama by male and female authors from a variety of cultures;
2. to analyze such formal aspects of drama historical such as perspective and influences, movements in contemporary drama, and dramatic form
3. to be able to identify and discuss drama conventions and concerns within context;
4. to be able to develop and sustain a valid literary research paper;
5. to be able to identify and evaluate drama from different perspectives.
Lectures, discussion, tutorials, writing workshops, dramatic readings, role modeling.
- Response Journal (5 entries) 20%
- Essay 1 (3-5 pages) 20%
- Presentation (5-10 minutes) 10%
- Research Analysis (5-6 pages) 20%
- Final Exam (textual analysis) 20%
- Participation 10%
- Liliane Atlan, 1984, Theater Pieces: An Anthology, Volume I.
- Rosenblatt, Louise M. Literature as Exploration. 1965. Noble and Noble, New York.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.