Area of Study
Finance, International Business
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units4
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
Nature of adjustments in open economies under various monetary systems, financial exchange across international boundaries, theory of comparative advantage, balance of payments and adjustment, fixed exchange rates, flexible exchange rates, and international institutions that facilitate financial transactions.
- Realize the importance of foreign exchange market, and its impacts on balance-of-payments accounts, especially in the case of Thailand.
- Understand the differences between different exchange rate regimes, including their strengths and weaknesses.
- Able to criticize current fiscal, monetary, and foreign exchange policies; and recommend whether, when, and how to adopt the policies, under different capital mobility assumptions.
- Understand how different macroeconomic policies affect price and output levels in the economy, under different exchange rate regimes and different capital mobility assumptions.
- Apply the knowledge from the class to current real-world issues related to international finance.
All materials will be covered by lecturing during the class time. Real-world examples and case studies will be discussed through question-answer time. Class participations are encouraged.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.