Visual Dynamics I
Area of Study
Art, Visual Arts
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units4
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
A further exploration of two-dimensional design elements and principles, with a focus on color. The study of color theories in conjunction with studio problems allows the student to investigate the physical, perceptual, psychological, and organizational properties of color. 9.
- Use and evaluate color with an understanding of its organizational properties and expressive possibilities.
- Research a variety of contemporary and historical influences and incorporate them into their own work.
- Use color and design terminology effectively while communicating visual ideas in discussion, critical analysis, and critiques.
- Competently handle media and techniques important to upper level courses and design careers.
- Present two-dimensional work professionally
- In-Class Exercises
- Presentation of Images
Evaluation and Assessment of Student Achievement:
- The ability to use and evaluate color with an understanding of its organizational properties and expressive possibilities.
- The ability to research a variety of contemporary and historical influences and incorporate them into their own work.
- The understanding of color and design terminology while communicating visual ideas in discussion, critical analysis, and critiques.
- Skills in handling media and techniques important to upper level courses and design careers.
- The ability to present two-dimensional work professionally.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.