Area of Study
Taught In English
ICBI 101 and ICBI 215
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units4
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
Analysis of the structures and functions of cells, cell action, especially the fundamental relationships between structure and function at the cellular and molecular levels.
- To understand general cell structure, subcellular structure, subcellular organelles and their molecular composition.
- To correlate cellular structure and function in general.
- To be familiar with general principle of microscopes and microscopic techniques.
- To be able to set hypotheses about biological phenomenon at a cellular level.
- To outline principles and localized major chemical reactions at subcellular levels.
- To understand how cells cooperate in the physiology of nervous system, muscle system, and immune system.
- Getting to know and appreciate some autobiography of prominent cell biologists.
- Having capacity and motivation to read more advanced text books on cell biology and also some details in scientific articles in current scientific journals.
- Develop critical thinking by doing some problem solving in class.
- Being exposed to current job market in biological sciences.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.