Principles of Quality Assurance in Food Processing
Area of Study
Nutrition and Food Science
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units4
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
Methods of quality control and management in food processing; Total Quality Control Management, HACCP, ISO 9000 and 14,000 series; control of raw materials, process, and finished products; sampling, evaluation of sensory properties, and other factors.
- To be able to explain what is the difference between Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
- To be able to give example of major food standard systems applied in food industry.
- To be able to explain what the significance of each food standard system.
- To be able to describe the methods of each food standard system.
- To be able to apply all food standard system to real life situation wisely and productively.
- To be able to proceed GMP & HACCP system in Food industry.
Lecturing, seminar, case study and practice, food factory visit with additional lectures and discussions.
Transparencies, handouts, power point, with help of LCD projector for an explanation & discussion of photos, figures and graphs. Various types of video presentation for QC techniques.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.