Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units4
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
An introduction to the visual language of drawing with an emphasis on depicting objects and the human form in space. Exploration of how the parts of the drawing relate to each other and to the composition as a whole. Demonstration and practice of fundamental skills in using traditional black and white media.
- Observe and represent the subject matter being exposed.
- Communicate an understanding of drawing principles with common drawing terminology.
- Implement a repertoire of skills in mark-making methods and drawing approaches with blqack and white media, both dry and liquid.
- Express a personal "voice" through drawing, mark-making and composition.
- Sustain a high level of concentration over extended periods.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations