Area of Study
Finance, Financial Management
Taught In English
ICMB361, ICMF 372, ICMF471
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units4
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
This course introduces the classical ideas in finance. It will cover expected utility, risk aversion, mean-variance portfolio analysis, separation theorem, stated prices and risk neutral valuation, efficient market, core theory of capital markets and corporate finance.
The Focus of this course will be on the theory and empirical research of corporate finance, investment, financial economics, asset pricing, and bankruptcy model. The course seeks to:
- Provide students with the advance and comprehensive theories and applications in “Risk Management”, “Corporate Finance”, “Investment”, “Financial Economics”, “Asset Pricing”, and “Derivatives”
- Encourage students to study the classic literature in these fields
- Motivate students to practice research techniques
Teaching Methods: Lecture, presentation and participation.
- Presentations and Participation:
- Your job will be to present each paper, to put the framework and to lead the class discussion on the assigned day. You also need to prepare a 3-paged summary and its copes to distribute to every participant. Students who do not present paper must participate and discuss the paper. You may be asked several questions in the class. Therefore, you must be prepared for the lesson. I reserve the right to decide your score based upon my observation and opinion.
- Academic Honesty: Any academic dishonesty, such as cheating in exams or employing someone’s ideas without “quotes” or citation, will not be compromised. For a first offense, the penalty for cheating and other forms of academic misconduct will be an “F” in that course. No twice, and you will be “out.” Should you have any doubt as to whether or not an action of yours constitutes academic dishonesty, consult me before engaging in it. 11. Teaching Media: Lecture Notes and Power point
Lecture Notes and Power point
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations