History & Culture
Founded in 1348, Charles University is the largest and oldest university in the Czech Republic. The university has numerous buildings throughout Prague, and all ISA courses are held in the Catholic Theological Faculty building located in Prague 6, an area where many local Czech students live and attend classes. ISA works closely with faculty at Charles University to develop coursework exclusively designed for ISA students, including courses in history, cinema, political science, business, Czech language, European studies, and more. You can enjoy small class sizes with fellow ISA students as your classmates.
Summer 3 2020
Mid May, 2020 - Late May, 2020
Mar 10, 2020
45 Contact Hours
2.50 Minimum GPA*
- Apply Now
Take your pick from a variety of interesting humanities-based courses during your summer in Prague. ISA works closely with faculty at Charles University in order to develop coursework that is exclusively designed for ISA students.
Class options include subjects such as history, art and architecture, and cinema. All courses are instructed in English and are taught by Charles University faculty. Enjoy small class sizes that consist of other students on your ISA program.
This program can be combined as a back-to-back option with other summer sessions in Prague! For more information about this option, please contact your Prague Program Manager.
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Comprehensive Health, Safety, and Security Support
Tuition at the Host University
Bridging Cultures Program
Full-Time Resident Staff
On-Site ISA Offices
ISA Discovery Model
Official Transcript from the Host University
Professional Development Toolbox
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units
- Course Availability
- Course availability is based on enrollment numbers. You should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last-minute cancellations.
- Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
- Course Selection
- You can select 1 course from the list below to take during your program
- Alternate Courses
- You are required to select 2 alternate courses in the event of course cancellations or registration issues.
- You should get your alternate courses pre-approved by your academic advisor.
- Course Credit
- ISA recommends 3 U.S. semester credits be awarded for your program. However, transfer credits earned will be decided entirely by your home university. It is important to be in touch with your university about course approvals and transfer credit pre-departure.
- According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, you must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by your home university.
- Course Level Recommendations
- ISA offers course level recommendations for the courses listed below. These ISA recommendations are intended to help with the determination of course equivalencies at U.S. home institutions.
- Transcript Information
- The transcript from Charles University will reflect contact hours, U.S. grade equivalency recommendations, and U.S. semester credit recommendations. Please be in touch with your home university regarding credit transfer for this program.
- Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations
Support & Funding
Resident Director, Czech Republic
Assistant Resident Director/Housing Coordinator, Czech Republic
Student Services Coordinator, Czech Republic
Academic and Housing Coordinator, Czech Republic
Student Services Coordinator, Czech Republic
Funding Your ISA Program
As an ISA participant, you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. ISA offers over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, please visit the Scholarships and Grants page.View all Funding Options
Living in ISA housing will give you the opportunity to experience aspects of the Czech lifestyle that are inaccessible to the average visitor to Prague. Uncovering the uniqueness of your neighborhood and the surrounding areas will help you to feel right at home. Housing is located either within walking distance from campus, or near public transportation (metro, bus, tram) that can take you to class. With an open and adaptable mind, the experience of living in another culture can be highly rewarding.
We strive to match your housing requests with our available accommodations, however, housing requests cannot be guaranteed.
Student apartments are fully furnished, and rent and utilities are included in the program price. The apartments are speckled throughout the city of Prague, rather than all in one building, and are either within walking distance of campus or near public transportation lines. Apartments typically house 2-4 ISA students of the same gender, and bedrooms are double occupancy. Apartments are equipped with basic kitchen supplies, a clothes washing machine, and drying racks (no dryers). Meals are not included.
You will pay a $500 refundable security deposit if living in this ISA housing option. ISA may retain some, or all, of this deposit in the event of damage to property, or if utility usage exceeds the allotted monthly amount
You may elect to secure housing independently. If you select this option, you will receive a discount equal to the housing portion of the program price.
THERE’S MORE TO DISCOVER WITH ISA