Economics & Philosophy
Oriel College - University of Oxford
Oriel College is one of the 38 colleges that make up the University of Oxford. While here, you can study Economics and Philosophy and take advantage of the North Wessex Downs Area, which is perfect for outdoor activities.
Summer 1 2019
Jul 05, 2019 - Jul 20, 2019
Apr 10, 2019
6 ECTS Credits
2.50 Minimum GPA*
- Apply Now
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Comprehensive Health, Safety, and Security Support
Tuition at the Host University
Meals and Laundry Service
Bridging Cultures Program
Full-Time Resident Staff
On-Site ISA Offices
ISA Discovery Model
Subscription to The New York Times
Official Transcript from the Host University
Professional Development Toolbox
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units
Course Availability & Syllabi
- The courses below have been confirmed for 2019. Courses are subject to change.
- Requests for sample syllabi can be made to the England Site Specialist.
Course Credit & Structure
- Students only participate in one course per sesesion.
- Per Oriel College - University of Oxford, 4-6 ECTS credits are considered equivalent to 2-3 U.S. semester credits/ 3-4.5 quarter units.
- All courses use entail and experiental learning element. You will have the opportunity to visit companies such as...
- The transcript from Oriel College will reflect ECTS credits for each course. Please be in touch with your U.S. university regarding credit transfer for this program.
Support & Funding
Funding Your ISA Program
As an ISA participant, you will have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. ISA offers over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, please visit the Funding Your Program page.View all Funding Options
Living in Oxford dorms will give you the opportunity to experience aspects of the British lifestyle that are inaccessible to the average tourist. Uncovering the uniqueness of your surroundings will help you to feel right at home. With an open and adaptable mind, the experience of living in another culture can be highly rewarding.
We strive to match your housing preferences with our available accommodations, however, housing preference requests cannot be guaranteed.
You may elect to secure housing independently. If you select this option, you will receive a discount equal to the housing portion of the program price.
THERE’S MORE TO DISCOVER WITH ISA
The excursions allow you to explore the diverse, distinct, and gorgeous landscape of the United Kingdom (and potentially surrounding countries) that you may not have the chance to visit on your own. While abroad, you will have the chance to go on weekend trips, day trips, and optional trips.