Brand Management and Innovation
The American Business School Paris
Area of Study
International Marketing, Marketing
Taught In English
Intro to Marketing
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
This is an experiential course. The course is ambitious, fast-moving, and requires dedication, initiative, and hard work from students, reflecting the fast paced world of brand development and management. Students will be exposed to what it means to build innovative brands and developing the kinds of skills and experiences employers in this sector are looking for.
The aim of this course is to prepare students for the real-life demands of branding in the real world. It allows students to demonstrate creativity, innovation, and creative thinking in leading branding innovation. Students will emerge with practical experience in the process of creating disruptive innovative propositions and re-positioning stagnant brands.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES:
Upon completion of this course students should be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of how to undertake a brand audit
- Ability to write pen portraits of leading edge targets
- Ability to identify tensions, and create insights and insight territories
- Ability to plan and facilitate an innovation workshop
- Knowledge of methods to stimulate creative thought: including stimulus boards, immersive experiences etc.
- Knowledge of how to create a brand strategy that utilizes big and powerful new ideas to revitalize the brand
- An improved ability to use the language of branding and to talk convincingly about brand identities, values, personalities, propositions, concepts, insights, tensions, etc.
- An improved ability to tap into emerging audiences, the future of categories, and the power of big ideas in creating innovative brands
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.