Advanced Spectroscopic Workshop
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
To develop the necessary skills to identify an organic compound from its infrared, nuclear magnetic resonance spectra and its mass spectral data. To improve general understanding of a broad range of research topics. To improve interpersonal communication skills.
1. Extract consistent information from a variety of spectroscopic and spectrometric data
2. Identify spectroscopic features arising from specific functional groups in organic molecules
3. Discriminate between apparently conflicting spectroscopic data
4. Propose suitable spectroscopic techniques to solve specific chemical problems
5. Explain the thought processes leading to structure elucidation using spectroscopic and spectrometric techniques