Aquatic and Atmospheric Chemistry
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
The purpose of this module is: 1. to gain an appreciation of environmental sampling, analysis and monitoring. 2. To emphasise the importance of correct sampling approaches within environmental monitoring. 3. To describe analytical technologies and technical tools to identiy, quantify and assess anthropogenic affects upon the environment. 4. To describe the implementation of effective pollution control measures. 5. To teach an awareness of clean-up procedures for pollution incidents and the legal tools for the control of environmental damage.
1. to communicate the importance and application of effective environmental monitoring
2. to evaluate the impact of anthropogenic activity upon the environment.
3. to assess measures of pollution control, both legal and technical.
4. To be aware of clean-up procedures for environmental pollution incidents.
5. To know how to approach effective sampling of the environment.