Dublin City University
Area of Study
Business, Computer Info Systems, Computer Science
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This course aims to broaden the student’s computer literacy skills through the use of current Microsoft Office suite providing the students with increased competence, productivity, and credibility in any business environment. Emphasis is on word processing, spreadsheets and presentations working with: Word, Excel and Power Point. Students should master to an advanced level on how to use the applications in the MS Office suite and how to transfer data from one application to another. After course completion, students will be able to use these programs to their full capacity for both business and personal use.
1. Develop a working knowledge of an integrated software suite.
2. Demonstrate marketable skills for enhanced employment opportunities. Create complex documents by adding components such as, customized lists, tables, charts, graphics and macros.
3. Describe proper computer techniques for designing and producing various types of documents
4. Learn the mail merge function to merge variable information into a standard document and create envelopes and mailing labels.
5. Develop the skills necessary to create macros, audit and analyze worksheet data, incorporate multiple data sources, import and export data, and share data with other applications.
6. Create and format spreadsheets, save time with Excel’s table and list management features, including AutoFilter and Automatic Subtotals. Create and use interactive PivotTables, and lookup tables to summarize and retrieve sets of data on the fly.
7. Create professional, high-impact presentations. Customize your presentation with colour, texture, animation schemes, slide templates and slide transitions.
8. Manipulate data from one software application to various other applications within the integrated suite.