Chinese Language 2 (Beginners)
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Asian Studies, Chinese
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits5
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units7
Hours & Credits
This module aims to build on the competences and skills previously acquired and to introduce students to new features of the language and aspects of the culture. Students will be familiarised with a wider range of everyday situations which go beyond those previously encountered and which will require the use of additional linguistic skills.
1. Complete simple interactions in Chinese, such as asking for directions, talking about health etc.
2. Construct simple sentences discussing past events
3. Express simple needs and desires in Chinese
4. Extract the key points of simple texts or dialogues dealing with topics with which they are familiar.
5. Write approximately 500-600 simple Chinese characters