Electricity and Magnetism
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
Module Aims: To give students a broad, rigorous introduction to electricity and magnetism treated as distinct phenomena in the statics approximation.
1. Explain the basic electric and magnetic interactions due to charged particles and currents
2. Describe how the electric interactions due to single or collection of charged particles are embodied in the concepts of the electric field and the electric potential
3. Predict the motion of charged particles in electric and magnetic fields
4. Explain the basic physics of capacitors and resistors
5. Predict the behaviour of simple and complex direct current circuits using the fundamental conservation laws.
6. Write a project on an application or a natural phenomenon based on the fundamental laws of electricity and magnetism