Enterprise Education and Team-based Learning
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
The module aims to explore conceptual frameworks and practices of enterprise education and team-based learning. The module investigates national and international policies underpinning enterprise education, and looks at how policy translates across the spectrum of educational practice, in particular focusing on vocational and further education. Throughout the course, students will investigate pedagogical approaches to foster a spirit of enterprise in education using team-based interventions. Team building and Community of Practice are considered valuable tools in fostering enterprise cultures, and as such the module covers theoretical and practical considerations in developing team based learning and practice. The module will encourage students to analyse the processes and challenges of creating successful frameworks for enterprise education as well as the team’s role in fostering an entrepreneurial environment. The module will also cover self-reflection and professional development within the rubric of team based approaches to enterprise education.
1. Critically evaluate a range of theoretical & conceptual frameworks in relation to both enterprise education and team learning
2. Identify and critique examples of best practice in enterprise education and team learning
3. Critically assess Irish further education enterprise education programmes.
4. Synthesise and summarise individual and group research on the theory and practice of enterprise education and team learning
5. Examine and reflect on the student's own experience of team learning
6. Present research findings in a team format