Dublin City University
Area of Study
Biology, Environmental Studies
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
To introduce the students to waste streams treatment and innovative environmental biotechnologies.
1. Describe the biological methods for wastewater treatment
2. Give examples of the microorganisms role in pollution control
3. Discuss the environmental feasibility of agrofuels
4. Compare methods for bioremediation of contaminated soil and groundwater
5. Analyse pros and cons of microbial fuel cells for bioenergy production
6. Discuss topical issues in environmental science through individual and group work involving oral and written presentations