French Language 8 (Intermediate)
Dublin City University
Area of Study
French, French Culture
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This module sets the level B2.2 from the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) as its minimum exit level. It has a theoretical and a practical concern. On the one hand it aims to explain the meanings of moral concepts and the methods supporting ethical standards and institutions in the economic, political and social spheres. On the other hand it aims to enable the students to recognise, identify and evaluate the nature of moral conflicts in their future work environment. The theoretical aspects will focus on business ethics. The issues to be discussed will include, amongst others, ethical decision making, ethical banking, ethical consumption, ethical tourism, etc.
1. LO1 Explain moral concepts in economic, political and social contexts.
2. LO2 Express their own views on ethical issues related to the business world through French.
3. LO3 Carry out research into an ethical issue in an economic and/or social context and present their findings orally through French.
4. LO4 Write structured and well-argued short essays in French about the role of ethics in the business/social world.
5. LO5 Engage in teamwork & collaborative working skills.