Fundamentals of Device Manufacturing
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units5
Hours & Credits
Module Motivation: This module will enable the student to develop an understanding of device fabrication as it relates to optical, microelectronic, sensors, and other miniaturised devices. The major enabling manufacturing technologies will be analysed as will process flow, integration, design aspects, and statistical methods in manufacturing .
1. Design and analyse the processes involved in micro/nano systems manufacture
2. Calculate important features and limitations of micro and nano system design
3. Analyse the performance of a tool-set and relate to productivity and yield
4. Design device manufacturing process flows
5. Conduct the required background research related to the module topic and be able to identify opportunities for further technology development
6. Write well structured reports which are written to the correct level of technical detail to suit the intended reader