German Intermediate Oral Skills
Dublin City University
Area of Study
German, German Culture
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
The purpose of this module is to allow students to critically engage with contemporary social, political and cultural issues in Germany through a range of authentic media. On some programmes, this module is designed to complement GE358 and GE368. The focus will be on spoken language skills.
1. Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of contemporary German culture by exploring recent social, political and cultural issues and events.
2. Identify, evaluate and react to the issues outlined above clearly and accurately in spoken German using complex grammatical structures and appropriate vocabulary. Can understand specialized discussions in his/her own primary area of specialization. Can express him/herself on a wide range of topics in a clear and detailed manner, explain his/her position on a current issue and indicate the benefits and drawbacks of various options.
3. Present one of the topics mentioned in LO1 in German using complex grammatical structures and appropriate vocabulary. Can communicate so spontaneously and fluently that a normal conversation is easily possible.
4. Demonstrate an ability to conduct research using appropriate target language sources from a variety of media.
5. Understand and react to audio and audio-visual texts and media.
6. Show ability to use online tools and technology in support of independent language learning.