German Language 8 (Intermediate)
Dublin City University
Area of Study
German, German Culture
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This module seeks to enable the students to: - Consolidate language competence and fluency with a view to moving towards the level of an independent user of German - Participate effectively in discussions on a topic related to the module. - Improve aural comprehension with listening exercises based on films and other sources. - Heighten the students' cultural awareness and enable them to integrate easily in an intercultural environment.
1. Demonstrate understanding and critical appraisal of contemporary German films.
2. Take an active part in discussion in familiar contexts, accounting for and sustaining their views.
3. Express their opinion in writing on complex subjects in a clear, well structured and detailed manner.
4. Use lexical and grammatical structures appropriate for this level.
5. Demonstrate a heightened awareness of cultural diversity and an understanding of differences in human behaviour and interaction in a global environment.
6. Apply appropriate quality criteria to evaluate a range of resources (e.g. books, articles, websites, personal contacts) effectively.