Intercultural Language Skills 2: Advanced Writing (German)
Dublin City University
Area of Study
German, German Culture, Writing Arts
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This module, conducted in the target language, is aimed at advanced learners who wish to further develop their writing and analytical skills for academic purposes. Learners work with texts on current affairs from the target language media. They learn to understand and summarise them and produce a critical analysis while gaining accuracy and fluency on linguistic, sociolinguistic and pragmatic competences. Learners explore and develop writing techniques through specific writing activities in the target language with a view to improving fluency, accuracy and range of expression in written production in the target language.
1. Extract information, ideas and opinions from a wide range of written registers drawn from a variety of sources (for example journalistic, literary, artistic).
2. Produce well organised and structured written discourse of various text types on complex current affairs subjects, showing a controlled use of organizational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices in the foreign language.
3. Recognise a wide range of idiomatic expressions and colloquialisms, appreciating register shifts.
4. Express ideas with accuracy and fluency, using a broad lexical repertoire.
5. Develop critical analysis and cultural awareness.
6. Demonstrate the ability to use a variety of online contacts and social networks to find out information.