Irish Education: History, Structure & Development
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Development Studies, Education, History, Irish Culture
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
To facilitate students in considering the various historical developments in Irish Education. To allow students come to an understanding of the historical origins of the current structure of the Irish Education system To examine the structural and legislative framework within which the Irish education system operates To examine the evolution of curricular provision within the Irish education system To analyse current and future trends in Irish education
1. Describe the role of key stakeholders in the development of Irish education
2. Explain how the structural and legislative framework within which the Irish education system operates
3. Distinguish between the historical development and structural reality of the secondary education system.
4. Analyse the factors influencing curriculum developments in the Irish education system
5. Analyse current and future trends in education