Dublin City University
Area of Study
Irish Culture, Literature, Literatures in English, Writing Arts
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
1. 1. Recognize key features of Irish writing from the later nineteenth century to the contemporary moment.
2. 2. Trace central preoccupations of Irish writing such as national identity; religion; gender; class, language
3. 3. Appreciate the complex creative relations at play between Irish writers from various periods.
4. 4. Engage with Irish writing in relation to significant cultural and political developments in local and global contexts.
5. 5. Show understanding of the changes and developments in Ireland as reflected in the literature of the period.
6. 6. Consider central developments of in Irish writing reflected in form, content and genre