Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This module enables students to analyse and evaluate macroeconomic concepts, theories, and policymaking in real life contexts through the use of case studies.
1. describe macroeconomic variables such as GDP growth, inflation, unemployment and public debt
2. analyse the transmissions mechanisms that impact upon these variables in high, middle and low income countries
3. summarise key macroeconomic theories that lie behind these transmission mechanisms
4. assess the circumstances in which theoretical outcomes are unlikely to prevail in practice
5. use these theories to analyse and critique macroeconomic policymaking in low, middle and high income countries