Philosophy of Psychology
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
To provide students with a critical historical and philosophical perspective on the development of modern psychology
1. Provide a detailed account of the main figures, movements and paradigm shifts that contributed to the shaping of psychology as a discipline
2. Critically understand the influences of other discipline areas, particularly philosophy and the natural sciences, on the history of psychology, and on the current state of the field.
3. Introduce and evaluate key concepts, theories, frameworks and controversies in the field of Psychology
4. Describe how psychology relates to other disciplines
5. Understand and evaluate contemporary issues in psychology