Pneumatics & Control
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
To provide knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic and PLC systems. To analyse compressors, hydraulic power packs, and distribution networks, directional control valves, signal valves and actuators. Introduction to PLC systems and control of circuits.
1. Analyse and solve a range of Pneumatic and Hydraulic problems
2. Build pneumatic circuits using a range of standard pneumatic components
3. Describe factors to be considered when designing pneumatic and hydraulic circuits
4. Specify air treatment equipment and hydraulic power packs
5. Design simple programmes to control the operation of pneumatic circuits
6. Programme a standard PLC and test/fault find