Spanish Language 4 (Intermediate)
Dublin City University
Area of Study
Spanish, Spanish Culture
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
This module aims to build on students' existing knowledge of Spanish with particular emphasis on oral and written skills. It seeks to develop students' ability to express their opinions and feelings, and to foster their confidence and competence in spoken and written interaction through the medium of Spanish. It also focuses on the critical understanding of authentic visual materials in order to enhance (inter) cultural understanding.
1. Show intercultural awareness by contrasting cultural behaviours and values across diverse cultural contexts.
2. Engage with visual artefacts using lexical and grammatical features that are adequate to express thoughts about cultural topics and to describe experiences, feelings and events in some details.
3. Express personal opinions on a cultural related topic using suitable language register and structures.
4. Produce reviews of cultural artefacts related to Spanish-speaking cultures.
5. Participate in group discussion adequately.
6. Prepare, discuss and deliver in an interactive manner a creative cultural production in the target language.
7. Reflect on his/her learning experience, language and competences development, and learning outcomes.