Dublin City University
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits2
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units3
Hours & Credits
A general introduction to astronomy & astrophysics assuming no prior knowledge. Including the solar system, stars, galaxies and an introduction to cosmology.
1. Describe the structure and dynamics of the solar system.
2. Calculate the resolving power and capabilities of astronomical instruments at various wavelengths.
3. Explain the power source of stars and the evolution of different types of stars.
4. Describe the properties of galaxies and their distribution in the universe
5. Describe the history of the Universe, the Big Bang theory and its implications for the future evolution of the Universe.