Management Made in Italy: Food, Luxury, Fashion and Design
LUISS Guido Carli
The Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali "Guido Carli", known by the acronym "LUISS" or "LUISS Guido Carli", is an independent, private university in Rome, Italy, founded in 1974. LUISS offers an innovative educational approach at its four Departments: Economics and Finance, Business and Management, Law, and Political Science. ISA students will be able to participate in summer programs designed specifically for international student in the following areas:
- Euro-Mediterranean Trends - Society and Culture, Politics and Economics
- Management "Made in Italy" - Food, Luxury, Fashion and Design
Summer 6 2019
Jul 06, 2019 - Jul 27, 2019
May 01, 2019
8 ECTS Credits
2.50 Minimum GPA*
- Apply Now
The LUISS Guido Carli University offers a unique summer program that adopts a cross-industry approach, analyzing operating and innovation strategies performed by leading Italian companies in different industries: fashion, design, automotive, luxury boating, hi-tech, food, and beverages. This program focuses on the latest business strategies of luxury niche players and global players in industries where creativity, innovation and exclusiveness are the key ingredients for success.
Trips in this program include:
- Eataly - visit, presentation, and dinner
- Prosciutto Production Cellar (food and wine tasting)
- Ferrari Museum guided tour (travel to Livorno)
- Luxury Yacht Shipyard
- Bulgari luxury jewelry company presentation
- Giorgetti furniture production facility and company showroom
- Students will enroll in one courses (4 recommended US credits).
- Courses are taught in English.
- No Italian language experience is required for this program.
- This course may require additional fees.
- The course will be taught by local and international faculty.
- Classmates are international students, the majority of whom are North American.
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
MINIMUM ADMISSIONS PREREQUISITES
There is no language prerequisite for this program.
You must be at least 18 years old by the program start date.
You must submit a course registration agreement. Additional details will be provided after gaining access to the ISA Student Portal.
A transcript, CV/Resume, and a Letter of Intent must be submitted along with your application materials for consideration in this program.
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Comprehensive Health, Safety, and Security Support
Tuition at the Host University
Bridging Cultures Program
ISA Discovery Model
Official Transcript from the Host University
Full-Time Resident Staff
On-Site ISA Offices
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units
- You will take 1 course (8 ECTS credits) during this session. Classes meet Monday - Friday.
Trips in this program include:
Eataly - visit, presentation, and dinner
Prosciutto Production Cellar (food and wine tasting)
Ferrari Museum guided tour (travel to Livorno)
Luxury Yacht Shipyard
Bulgari luxury jewelry company presentation
Giorgetti furniture production facility and company showroom
- Credits earned vary according to the policies of your home institution.
- According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, you must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by your home and host institutions, for the duration of the program.
- Credit transfer is ultimately determined by your home university.
- Requests for sample syllabi can be made to the Italy Site Specialist.
- Upon program completion, you will receive a transcript issued directly from LUISS Guido Carli. The transcript will reflect ECTS credits for all courses taken. Credit transfer is ultimately determined by your home university.
- Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations
- Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
- ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits are converted to semester credits/quarter units differently among U.S. universities. Students should confirm the conversion scale used at their home university when determining credit transfer.
- Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Support & Funding
Funding Your ISA Program
As an ISA participant, you will have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. ISA offers over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, please visit the Funding Your Program page.View all Funding Options
ISA in Rome includes comfortable housing in shared, fully-furnished accommodations conveniently located in well-established neighborhoods in close proximity to the universities. A $500 refundable security deposit will be charged to students living in ISA arranged housing. ISA may retain some, or all, of this deposit in the case of damage to property or if utility usage exceeds the allotted monthly amount.
We strive to match your housing preferences with our available accommodations; however, housing preference requests cannot be guaranteed.
For ISA programs at The American University of Rome, students will stay in shared, fully-furnished student apartments. There are generally only one or two student apartment units per building, and neighboring residents are typically middle-class Italian families who own their apartment. Most ISA apartments have 2-3 bedrooms, a lounge/living room, kitchen and bathroom(s). Bedrooms are typically double-occupancy. Each apartment includes one single bed per student with bed linens. A computer that is connected to the internet via a cable modem is to be shared by all occupants and wifi is provided in all apartments. All apartment units include a washing machine.
You may elect to secure housing independently. If you select this option, you will receive a discount equal to the housing portion of the program price.
THERE’S MORE TO DISCOVER WITH ISA