Internship in Engineering
Universidad de Deusto - Bilbao
Area of Study
Engineering Science, Information Sciences, Information Technologies, Internship
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits4
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units6
Hours & Credits
Additional fee of 225€
DESCRIPTION AND GOALS
The course is mainly aimed at students taking Spanish III or a higher level of Spanish who wish to experience a hands-on approach to the professional area in the Spanish context. It is designed for students to get to know the structure and working procedures of a company, to develop professional skills in the area of the company, and to get acquainted with the dynamics of professional relations in the Spanish speaking world. Students will be expected to gain professional self-awareness through observation, participation, and analysis of professional activities, and through the interaction with colleagues in a work environment related to their field. It will develop in two different settings: a Spanish company, and the university, where students will be advised by the internship tutor and the course instructor, respectively.
Students with a background in areas such as:
- Technologies / ICT
- Computer Sciences
Please contact CIDE if interested in any other area to check availability of placements.
Students will need to:
- Spend approx. 8-10 hours at local company per week, where they will need to do the tasks assigned by their company tutor. The company’s work environment will be in Spanish. However, students may need to complete part of the tasks in English.
- Attend all training sessions and meetings at the university with their course instructor, and do all assigned presentations (approx. 15 hours).
- Write a logbook, which will e-mailed to the instructor on a weekly basis.
- Write a final report, to be submitted at the end of the course.
Final grades will be awarded according to the following breakdown:
- Participation in training sessions and meetings at the university: 10%
- Logbook, oral presentations and written assignments: 20%
- Final report: 30%
- Assessment report from the company: 40%
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.