Universidad de Salamanca
Area of Study
Business, Grammar, Hospitality and Tourism Management, International Business, Linguistics, Modern Languages, Phonetics and Phonology, Spanish, Spanish Culture
Intermediate, Advanced, Superior
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units5
Hours & Credits
Overview1. The work environment: a) the labor market: ways of looking for employment, b) analysis of job opportunities compared to Europe and other countries, c) professional skills.
2. The business world: a) functions and departments: different models of businesses, b) business, professional, and union associations.
3. Banking: a) the Spanish bank model, b) characteristics, relationships, and functions of private and public banks, c) the oligarchy of the big banks: banking groups.
4. The stock market: a) internal and external financing, b) the market economy: capital, income, and investments, c) market values: types and characteristics.
5. Commercial and industrial world: 1) industry: location and main industrial sectors, b) national and multinational industry, c) problems of the Spanish industry.
6. Marketing: a) marketing, b) the big marketing companies.
7. Tourism: a) Spanish tourist sector, b) new technologies.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.