Anatomy and Physiology II Lab
Universidad de Sevilla
Area of Study
Health and Exercise Science, Health Science, Pre-Medicine
Taught In English
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
This course is a continuation of Anatomy & Physiology I. The aim of this course
is to apply and facilitate the understanding of the knowledge acquired during the
1. Human anatomy models of the systems.
2. Observation of histologic preparations under the light microscope.
3. Peripheral blood smear.
4. Differential White Blood Cell count.
5. Blood typing.
6. Serum iron determination.
7. Coagulation tests. Prothrombin time.
8. Reticulocyte count.
9. Hematocrit. Hemoglobin concentration.
11. Arterial blood pressure measurement.
12. Pulmonary function test (spirometry). Simulation of obstructive pulmonary
13. Urine test: biochemistry and microscopy.
14. PhysioEx: Cardiovascular System. Renal system and alterations in base-acid
balance. Chemical and physical processes of digestion. Hormone replacement
15. Problem solving & quantitative problems concerning those physiological
concepts presented during the lectures.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.