Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
After this course, the student should be:
- familiar with basic principles and techniques of statistics;
- able to apply these principles and techniques to data using the statistical package R;
- able to present results from statistical analyses in a clear, concise way;
- able to interpret and critically evaluate these results.
- Summarising data;
- Basics of probability theory;
- Estimating means and fractions;
- Hypothesis testing for one- and two-sample problems;
- Correlation and linear regression;
- Contingency tables.
Lectures (2x2hours), exercise classes (2 hours) and computer classes (2 hours).
TYPE OF ASSESSMENT
Mandatory (group) assignments and exams (midterm and final, both mandatory). You will work on assignments during weekly computer classes.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Some courses may require additional fees.